Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Crack Babies I Have Known

Let's try this on for size.

How do you make a baby? 180M:1 ratio male-to-female biological material in a bath of hormones. Heat, feed, and keep in a dark watery portable container for plus/minus 9 months.

Terence McKenna talked about psychotropic plants sharing their wisdom by being metabolized by humans. The plant uses the broadcast medium of the human bloodstream, nervous system, and cell structure to tell the ancient story of itself.

Apparently the actual health impacts of flooding a developing fetus' fluids with cocaine, ammonia, heroin, ether, methamphetamine, alcohol and the like aren't any worse than cigarette smoking. With the elegance of any garbage-in/garbage-out system, crummy ingredients tend to produce crummy results for the new little ones. But here's what I think: it's a percentage game. If you get more food than crack into a baby, you'll get a person, more or less, at the end of the gestation period. Although, if you crank up a mother's fear about safety, abuse, or danger, generally, the hormonal wash gets shifted from alkaline to acid and fries the circuitry in a particularly fantastic way.

My earliest memory is as a 14-month old deciding that men were unsafe for women and children to be in relationships with. It is my first principle. The result of 9 months of my mother's hot and cold running fear and equal time of personal observation of family dynamics. I love my mother, he makes my mother cry, so he's got to go. In order to feel safe in my relationships now, in order for all the pieces to line up so that I know I'm in a relationship, I've got to have the necessary components to make the chemicals synthesize: Abusive man, abused woman, avenging boy. Even if I have to make them out of thin air or other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment